Interior Divided Light Doors Build Along - End of the Story
(02-10-2017, 10:08 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Beautiful work, just beautiful.

May I ask how many hours do you have in this project?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 

I'm not sure how many hours I actually spent.  I budgeted 80 hours to build the doors.  I think I actually spent about 150.  I budgeted 12 hours to install them.  That was closer to 30 hours.  Since I don't have to eat from what I make it doesn't matter all that much how long it takes.  Per hour the pay was poor, but what I took away from the project was still good.  Just as important to me, I got to build something that I would not have had a chance to otherwise, the project pushed me to solve some unique problems, and I've put something in that house the owners really wanted, that looks like it was always there and belongs there, and likely will remain there for the life of the house.  

I got a really nice E-mail last evening from my "two very grateful clients", saying the doors were "perfect", more than met their expectations in every way, and that they would "highly recommend" me to their friends.  You can't spend that, but it sure was nice to hear. 

John
(02-09-2017, 08:15 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Time for a beer....or three.  Outstanding work.  How would you like to do multiple sets in a home?  That was a lot of work but the end results are stunning.

I've never seen drywall compound added to a caulking tube and gun.  Did you buy it this way?  What in your secret wax?

Multiple sets?  I wouldn't mind at all - but my price on the next ones will be significantly higher!  I got a lot of satisfaction in building the doors and really enjoyed working with my friend to install them.   

No, I've never seen drywall compound in a caulking tube either.  Here's a link to where I talked about both your questions:  Two Useful Tips

John
John that is an awesome door. I didn't read every word going through so I'm not sure if that is home, or was a customer project. If it was a customer project that will get you more work. If that is at home, whenever you move/sell that is equity, certain to increase the value of the house, not to mention the pleasure you will have seeing it.

Great job.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Bravo.  I can't wait to see how you top this but I know you will.  Ken
Beautiful and stunning work John - very professional! 
Yes

Doug