Anybody installed inset doors?
I want to install inset doors on my big green egg table.

I have never done this before. I see rockler has all types of jigs to help with this but they are expensive. Is it possible to install the euro hinges on these doors by measuring carefully such that all I would have to buy is the Forstner bit?

Thanks
From the information supplied with the hinges (or on the hinge manufacturers site, you should be able to develop your own jig without much trouble. Or you could just use the dimensions and mark out the door and cabinet for them. If you only need to do hinges for a single door, carefully marking out the door and cabinet should be enough.
have you looked at the Kreg jig? https://www.amazon.com/Kreg-Company-KHI-...B01JQ74FMQ

I have done inset doors. but used regular hinges.
Drill press and a fence works very well 

even a combo square to set cup centers will work a rule for the distance top and bottom 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Use some scrap, and roll your own jig. Article and plans help right here

Essentially doing what Joe suggested, but you have a jig, so if there is a next time, you are ready to go.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Yes. Totally. I've done it many times. Like Joe said, you will need a drill press with a fence. I use a template to get the pilot holes for the mounting screws lined up correctly.

The way I've done it: Take a scrap of hardwood or plywood, not too short (you might want to clamp it down to the DP table) and wide enough for the hinge. Make sure it has two straight, parallel edges. Choose one edge to be the outside. Mark lines square to the wood somewhere up the middle of this edge, and then wrapping around the face. Measure in along that line from the edge to the center of the cup hole, and mark it. That's 22.5mm (I think) for Blum Euro. Adjust the drill press fence and the piece so the drill bit aligns with the cup center mark you just made. I like to use a small brad point bit to check, since it is nice and pointy in the center. Clamp the board. Drill all the way through. Put this aside. It will be a template.

Now your fence is positioned. Set your depth stop (another scrap to test it), mark your stiles (or set edge stops on the DP table) and plunge away on your actual stiles.

Now, back to the template. Position a hinge cup in the hole. Make sure the hinge is oriented the right way. Make sure the hinge is perpendicular. The cups on Blum hinges are bordered by a straight edge on the inside of the stile -- so an easy way is to use a double square to make sure both ends of that straight feature are equidistant from the inside edge of your template. Mark the screw hole centers, and use your drill press to drill them with pilot-sized bits. Now you can line this  up with the cup holes on your actual stiles (or test on scrap first) -- that's why you drilled the 35mm hole all the way through.  Perfect screw hole template, all you need is a hand drill.

Sorry for all the words. It's very simple.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Another "yes, it can be done" answer. I've used a few of the Euro jigs over time and still haven't bought a jig (though I keep thinking about it). I thin if you were going to build a lot of cabinets, like a kitchen, the jig makes sense...but for small jobs it's not hard to do without.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks everyone! I think I feel confident enough to try this without buying the jig. I only have to install four hinges.