Repirator?
I use a lot of Deft Lacquer for finishing projects.  Mostly brushing on.  What is a good respirator I should use to ward off the getting higher than a kite from the fumes?  Even in my shop if I open doors with a fan blowing across the finishing process, it still gets to me.
I use this 3M half face respirator with these organics cartridges.   And I use these particulate filters  for sanding and demo work.  With the organics cartridges you will not smell any fumes.  I spray quite a few gallons in a year and a set of cartridges lasts a year or more. The key is the replaceable pre-filters which catch the over spray and keep the filters from getting slagged over. If you are brushing you won't even need the pre-filters.

John
(02-11-2017, 08:32 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I use this 3M half face respirator with these organics cartridges.   And I use these particulate filters  for sanding and demo work.  With the organics cartridges you will not smell any fumes.  I spray quite a few gallons in a year and a set of cartridges lasts a year or more.  The key is the replaceable pre-filters which catch the over spray and keep the filters from getting slagged over.  If you are brushing you won't even need the pre-filters.  

John

The msa brand half face respirator with organic solvent cartridges is a good value.  The activated carbon in the cartridges is the key. But they should be stored in a zip lock between uses. Otherwise the "wear out" due to just exposure. 

With the mask on, you should put your palms over the inlets and not be able to draw in air. Adjust fit as needed. Beards interfere with the fit.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin