Respirator recommendation for me
One advantage (maybe) of the full face style is the you aren't trying to manipulate safety glasses around the 1/2 mask straps. Safety glasses are required in my shop whenever the tools are running, and it can be a hassle with a 1/2 mask to get them (and the hearing protection) on with the straps being in the way. Even so, I've stayed with the 1/2 mask since that's what I'm used to (years of having to have them and the glasses at work). But give that some consideration, because what Steve N said is true...if it's not comfortable you won't use it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I just purchased a 3M 6100 from Home Depot and then Amazon. HD ONLY had Medium - so when I got it home of course it did not fit my big noggin, so I ordered a large from Amazon and kept the M for shop visitors/son. Beware I HAD an MSA brand 1/2 mask with large canister filters that would not fit under my faceshield while turning, so I picked up a set of 3M P100 dust filters thinking they would fit. WRONG.....they are NOT universal at least between MSA and 3M masks.

I also have a full beard (though I keep it pretty short) and the mask seals just fine around it.
I do not get an email notice when someone responds to my posts. I've contacted admin using my profile access but get no response from them either. What am I doing wrong???