Cold casting copper.
(02-13-2017, 05:57 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I did get the vise sand blasted, cleaned, painted and reassembled. I went a little against the grain and painted mine blue. I didn't really care about keeping the color original as the vice will be a user and only needs to look good to me and I'm not a big fan of the factory gray. I don't have it mounted yet though. My bench top is about 5" thick so it is going to take some work to hollow out an area for the vise. I'm considering building a new longer bench top and just making it to accommodate the vise. Here is a shot of it before the dogs and cleaned up handle when back in. 

photo A71FC578-C018-49D2-AB7E-2F48AFCFB0E9_zpsfu4xq0ve.jpg

Awesome pic post of making up the castings, that was slick. Now with this Emmert you are gonna confuse a lot of people. Wanna bet if it shows up in any pictures of your shop, your gonna get asked where did you get the record vise that looks like an Emmert
Big Grin

[Image: RecordNo52.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW