Tipsy Martini Glasses - Build Along
So this is my attempt at a build along as suggested by Arlin.  I neglected to get pictures of a few steps, and I can't seem to get the videos off my phone, but hopefully we can make do with what I have.

I bought some inexpensive martini glasses at TJ Maxx.  I marked where I wanted to cut them with some painters tape, the then with a triangle file I scored a line.  I just kept filling with one edge of the file around the glass and pop the broke cleanly.  Don't over think this, it is really quite easy.

Once cut I established the drill bit and depth that I'd use.  I made some tests in scrap until I was happy.  Then I rounded a blank, chucked, scored a line for the bottom of the glass and drilled a hole in the other end to accept the martini glass.
[Image: 32715497342_5c5a532461_c.jpg]

Then I brought up the live center for support and shaped the top.  Here's the start of that:
[Image: 32054388663_fb26bec789_c.jpg]

I mark a pencil line to show me the bottom of the hole. With the top shaped, I sand as I go.  Then I open the chuck up and tilt the blank approximately 1/4" in the jaws.  The greater the tilt, the more tipsy the glass will be.  But also the greater the chance a catch will toss it at my noggin. DAMHIKT  I marked where the jaws are in case I did lose it then hopefully I would be able to rechuck it.  Didn't happen this time.  
Smirk

[Image: 32745487481_8653051079_c.jpg]

At this point I'm turning a lot of air, but eventually I shape the transition.  Again, sanding as I go.  It is dark because I put a little BLO on as I sand to fill in imperfections.  A few pictures of the stem being formed:

[Image: 32054375983_0bfb59d71d_c.jpg]
[Image: 32745485561_075602022d_c.jpg]
[Image: 32487895150_e033d6e5d8_c.jpg]I
Here is the base fully formed, just needing to be parted off:
[Image: 32026198534_9222943219_c.jpg]
At this point, I open the jaws again, and rechuck the stem, using the drilled hole to center it.
[Image: 32026210354_c5bf08ac63_c.jpg]
Then it is parted off:
[Image: 32715505032_5d9f0422b7_c.jpg]

Here are the bases with the martini glasses sitting in them, but not glued:

[Image: 32869022415_df43a37734_c.jpg]

You can use epoxy or silicone to adhere the glass to the.  First I'll put a finish on the wood.

Best tip I learned in doing these is to fill the glass with water when you glue them up.  Then kneel down to see if its level.  A little patience and you'll get it setting just right.
cool!  i've done a few of the wine glasses, but it's been a while  --  just might have to give this a go!  
Cool
Great job Frank.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Fantastic job. Might have to try a set of those
Very cool, thanks for taking the time to document how you made them!
Thanks everyone.  Credit to Arlin for suggesting that we do tutorials.
I like it Frank.  Does anyone sell these?

Thank you for the build along pictures it helps to know the steps
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.