LED lights for cabinets (inside)
I am looking for LED lights for the top portion of a built in cabinet that will be about 40" wide and 50" high with glass doors and shelves.  The lights will be installed at the top of the cabinet to illuminate the glass shelves and the display items that will be on the shelves.

I did an internet search and there are a lot of options but no way to figure out which ones are good quality.  Looking for recommendations for good quality LED lighting options.
Here is what I got to go under my cabinets. If you scroll down you will see all different size sets from single lights up to six packs. I am really happy with them. One thing you will want to look at is the color of the light. The lower numbers (2000-4000) will be a warmer light. The higher number will be a cooler white light. I don't know if it will make a difference in your application but that is something I always check based on where the lights will be going. For instance I wouldn't put a harsh white light in a family room but in a laundry room it would be the better choice.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IB6...UTF8&psc=1
I've also got the puck lights in our kitchen. Bulbs are replaceable, so no worries there.
Picked them up at Lowes
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I like those.

At 16" above the counter, how far apart would you space them?
Mine are approximately 24"
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

These look great. It appears they are surface mount mostly designed for installing under the cabinets. Mine will go inside the cabinets on the top to illuminate the glass shleves below. Are there some that would be a better fit for this purpose?
Off Ebay I got some led tape roll strip lights like in the picture.

Mine came with a 110 volt/12 volt power supply, multi function remote, and 3 meters of lights.
The remote has a dimmer, as well as flashing functions.
I installed them, behind the face frame, on both sides and on top.

5 months ago I paid $1.99 delivered for them. Can't find them that cheap anymore. 

The picture shows a 3 meter roll, by itself for $1.99. Just need a plug in 12 volt supply and a switch.

The light tape can be cut to any length.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I agree with the led tape. I've done that in a couple of cabinets, and it gave off very good, even lighting. You can get kits at most home improvement stores. If you want you can get the color changing ones and give a different look.
shifty
I really like the flexible LED Strips, I buy them from Amazon, and look for price of about a dollar a foot or less.

I have used them in under shelf lighting in a Pantry, 2 linen closets and several safes. All sorts of 12v gizmos and gadgets to go with them all the way from remotes that dim, to motion sensors etc.

The rolls have marks every few inches between lights that show where you can cut them to length and solder new connections to them.

There are some things to watch out for, if you want them to be waterproof you can get those, but that just means they come with a clear gel over the entire string of lights, you will still have to make whatever connection you do water proof also.

I prefer the ones without the gel.

They come with sticky back that will hold for a few minutes but isn't a long term mounting solution. I used hot glue to mount them and that seems to be working pretty well for 2+ years under shelves.

You can also get some that are mounted on aluminum backing that allows you to screw mount, but this offers less flexibility with length.

I have seen some aluminum track with diffuser on Banggood and Amazon that I want to try to mount the flexible strip lights, but haven't tried it yet.

Hope that helps.

Duke
Check out Inspired Led
Available on Amazon or they will direct ship.
Not the cheapest but very high quality stuff and a great selection
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks