Had to make some more birdhouses
Very nicely done on the bird houses.   To me I like the length of the first two which seems to show them off more, but then that just maybe how I am seeing it on the page.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-16-2017, 11:51 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Very nicely done on the bird houses.   To me I like the length of the first two which seems to show them off more, but then that just maybe how I am seeing it on the page.

Arlin, is it the rod your referring to?  The rod in the first shots didn't look bad to me but it did seem to bounce a lot. The shorter ones are quite a bit stiffer.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Yes I like the longer rod which seems to show off the bird house more.  I will also have to keep the link to the birds as a favorite to buy later.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very nice Matt!  What did you use for the finish?
Lonnie
I've been experimenting on finishes a little. The first one was 2 coats of rattle can lacquer. The next 2, was with lacquer again but this time I applied 4 or 5 coats. Big difference, and here is better shot of them. 
[Image: 019_zpsvmou9yrd.jpg]

And since the orders keep coming, here is another pair but these I used rattle can shellac. 3 coats then steel wool and an additional coat. Personally I like the look of the lacquer better but the shellac has a better feel when handling them.

[Image: 004_zpsd4qxpkew.jpg]
[Image: 012_zpsdqjgthcq.jpg]

I never paid attention before but all these pictures were taken with the same old sheet as a backdrop in the same place. Only difference is these last two pictures were during the day with light coming in through a patio door, the others were at night with ambient lighting from fixtures. Amazing what the camera sees vs what our eye does.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.