Ask This Old House and Bosch
I saw an episode of Ask This Old House this weekend and Tom Silva was demonstrating the Bosch Reaxx saw. I find this interesting considering the recent legal proceedings. I am not posting this to start another argument, pro/con. I'm simply wondering why the show was aired? I'm not 100% certain that it was a new episode, it could have been a repeat but, none the less, why would PBS air a show promoting a saw that supposedly cannot be sold in the United States ? Just curious. Please do not start another argument about SawStop versus Bosch, the last thread was closed. This is simply about the airing of a particular episode of a TV show.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Very popular show. They must have figured they could go with it, whether the saw is legal to be here in the states or not.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That episode was a bit old, but I don't recall the date of original airing.
Yup, it was a repeat.  Think I saw it last year.
TOH is filmed at least 6-9 months prior to airing, so there was no way they would have known Bosch was going to lose the lawsuit.  As well, there may have been some sponsorship behind the scenes.  A lot of the "new" products demonstrated on TOH are donated to the project, just to get some market exposure.  It's really hard to "pull" an episode or a segment in an episode without having something to replace it with.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
the guys from ATOH were on the tonight show a couple of weeks ago and Tom demonstrated the saw.
ASE Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician, Service writer and parts consultant.
Master Emergency Vehicle Technician-Police Vehicles

Season 15 Episode 8, near the 12minute mark:

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-t...-table-saw
So much better engineered than the other very expensive to use tool. Not to mention perfect on a jobsite if it fires, swap and go. No blade destruction. Proof if you write a vague patent you rule the world.
No
No
No
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW