Please tell me about track saws
(02-28-2017, 10:12 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Never heard of those before. EZ doesn't need anything like that. Never any lower chipout due to the direction the blade turns. Maybe I'm not understanding here.

I don't know anything about the EZ system, so forgive me if this is stating the obvious. 

Circ saws spin _up_ toward the base plate--if the spun _down_ the saw would want to lift off the work surface. So the saw enters the bottom of the plywood and exits the top. Normally this causes chipout on the top side (ie where the saw is). The Festool saw has an optional "splinterguard" that you can adjust to create basically a zero clearance opening for the blade to exit in. I know it works extremely well to prevent chipout on the back side (ie top) of the cut.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" Arthur 'Big Guy' Carlson
(03-03-2017, 07:13 PM)Johnbro Wrote: I don't know anything about the EZ system, so forgive me if this is stating the obvious. 

Circ saws spin _up_ toward the base plate--if the spun _down_ the saw would want to lift off the work surface. So the saw enters the bottom of the plywood and exits the top. Normally this causes chipout on the top side (ie where the saw is). The Festool saw has an optional "splinterguard" that you can adjust to create basically a zero clearance opening for the blade to exit in. I know it works extremely well to prevent chipout on the back side (ie top) of the cut.

Ok. Thats built into the EZ track. That's the purpose of the vinyl strip.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

And the replaceable plastic insert for the base prevents chipout on the outside of an EZ cut.