Lamp knob source
Lost the knob that holds an outdoor lamp together. The rod it threads onto seems to be 3/8-27. Looked at lamp supply places including antique, can't find anything that tapped for that size. It's not worth me buying a tap!

Lamp is ugly patinated blackish, I think painted. Anything not too shiny would be ok, even brass or bronze, I don't really care. You guys know any sources?

Thanks!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
3/8-24?
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Find a plastic bead about the right size, bore a shallow hole, and epoxy a nut into it - without getting glue in the threads, of course.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
It is most likely 1/8" x 27 national pipe thread. (NPT)

there should be about a thousand that match, if not go to true value or Ace and look 

you should find something 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(02-15-2017, 03:32 PM)JGrout Wrote: It is most likely 1/8" x 27 national pipe thread. (NPT)

there should be about a thousand that match, if not go to true value or Ace and look 

Joe

+1 should be a standard lamp pipe fitting   1/8x27   Roly  ( the OD is about 3/8" )
(02-15-2017, 03:32 PM)JGrout Wrote: It is most likely 1/8" x 27 national pipe thread. (NPT)

Joe

Hmm, maybe. NPT is tapered, innit? This is a straight rod with a threaded end, no discernible taper.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

NPT is tapered.  NPS is straight.  And there are others. 
Uhoh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
How about THESE  1/8" ip.   Look in electrical section by lamp parts.   Roly
LIL Thanks all -- you got me down the right path. It looks like 1/8 IPS (never heard of that before!) is the thing.
Best,
Aram, always learning

(02-15-2017, 07:29 PM)TDKPE Wrote: NPT is tapered.  NPS is straight.  And there are others. 
Uhoh

IME NPT will work just fine. 

I am not sure about the 
Rolleyes I just know that it is closer than 3/8 x 27 and will function
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy