HANDTOOLS: Disston D8, '96-1917, Nice
Still on a saw sharpening binge; the latest is a truly vintage "Phila" medallion (circa '96-1917) 26", 8pt filed crosscut.  Plate shows staining and evidence of past rust, but it was sanded down and polished and is just dandy, I was trying to save as much of the etch as I could; Disston etch is there but hard to read, however it was made for a store, there is an etch for a hardware store "JB Shannon & Son - 1020 Market Street Phila 'Hardware, Cutlery & Tools'" that is readable, and really neat.  I googled the name and address and apparently . . . in the Phila Inquirer from June 19, 1902 it was reported:  "FLAMES RAGED IN HARDWARE STORE Fire in J. B. Shannon & Sons' Market Street Establishment Destroys Two Floors."  So that puts the saw about that time or earlier.  I love this stuff.... the address now is "Funk-O-Mart Electronics" so go figure....

Anyway, plenty of plate left on this skewback, and its straight, freshly sharpened, cuts straight, handle has a few chips around the nuts, but check out the closeups and you can see overall is in remarkable shape and the two horns are perfect as can be, feels good in the hand.  Very nice saw, and from Disston's golden era.  I love the steel on this vintage saw, has a nice ring too.  Pics:

[Image: 32885281136_d93e894591_b.jpg]

[Image: 32545186830_a181f7a77a_b.jpg]

[Image: 32082462804_c93ba526ca_b.jpg]
[Image: 32545186000_a09a75b487_b.jpg]
[Image: 32082461724_2cd68e2d60_b.jpg]
[Image: 32545185510_fe6f29971d_b.jpg]
[Image: 32082460094_8e6a638185_b.jpg]

Very nice user saw, for sure a desirable vintage (115 years old), good wood, good steel.  Almost kept it for myself, as I used to work right around the corner from 1020 Market St.  Yours for $69 plus shipping (you'd pay more on the 'bay for sure), first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority and please include your full shipping address so I can print labels and quote postage; I don't have Paypal, sorry, so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you from the forum then checks are ok.

Solid user tools I would own at reasonable pricing.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM Sent...

Mahalo!
Earl
Saw is sold. Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Some time I will get us a nice crosscut and rip cut saws.  Very nice saw Admiral
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.