Iroko Wood Gloat
It's not very often I get a chance to gloat about a purchase, but here's my chance.  A buddy of mine in the neighborhood is working on a home in the pricey area of Nashville.  He got to work one morning and found a stack of iroko piled in the driveway set to be thrown in the dumpster simply to make room for other supplies coming in.  After getting the okay from the contractor he brought the stack home and offered it to me.  It's all clear and straight.  For a hundred bucks I got a total of 15 boards varying in width from a little over 6 inches to 12 inches.  All were 14 feet long and about 1-1/8 inch thick.  There's a total of just over 87 board feet or about $1.15/board foot.  He's happy and I'm excited about working with a wood I've never worked with before.

It looks a lot like cherry but I can't tell if it's got any grain.  If I have time, I'll use a block plane to get a better idea what it looks like.

I know, it hasn't happened unless there's pics.  We're going on a little vaca and I'll post once I get back.

I don't have any specific plans for it yet so if you have any ideas let me know.
Looks like this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroko#/m...o_wood.jpg
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis