Anyone know whats the story with Grizzly and their inventory?
I've noticed since they closed the Pennsylvania location, they rarely have common machines in stock.

I have been looking at dust collectors for the better part of a year, and I narrowed it down to three...and the Grizz G0777 was front runner. I've called them in the past and asked about availability. Their answer was go ahead and place the order and it will reserve you one coming on the boat. Who knows when it will be here for sure though. 

Seems this their new model....sell whats on the boat, so when they get here, they are already turned and they dont need to stock them. Maybe I am wrong.....its annoying as heck though. 

Example, right now they are advertising free shipping on 9 machines. 6 of them are out of stock.

I ended up giving my money to Oneida which in the end might have been a better choice.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I have been wondering the same thing. I have been looking at Grizzly's 3 and 5 hp cyclones and noticed that a large number their smaller machines are out of stock. I was told that hey we're having issues with one of their suppliers but that is entirely speculation. Since it runs across all their machine line that seems unlikely. A few days ago one of the models I was considering went out of stock at their WA warehouse. I started to get concerned and bit the bullet last night and ordered my new dust collector. I too have been looking at Oneida but after having another dust collector with a filter that had to be cleaned using compressed air I just couldn't bring myself to order one.  Hopefully they get whatever is going on ironed out.
Springfield warehouse is full and running over according to a buddy down that way.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

They changed factories for many of their smaller machines and closed out the old stock (reason for many of the low prices free shipping) and it appears the new stock from the new factories has been slow in coming into stock.  I am not sure this is all of the issue just part of it apparently.   It might be a good time to rethink and get a collector with better filtration...
My G0636X bandsaw shipped the same day from stock out of MO when I ordered it last August.  

John
John,  I ordered my cyclone at about 1:00 am Friday and it shipped the same day. It looks like the issues are with the machines that they probably sell a high volume of. If the dust collector I wanted was out of stock I simply would have waited because after all my research I decided it was the best fit for me. 

Huxley, my last cyclone was a 2.5 hp tempest. It was the one that rated as the Best Buy back when they were tested. It was a great dust collector and very little dust got through to the filters. That being said I'm in my shop every day and even with only a little dust getting through the filters got too caked for the machine to function properly in short order. It had the nano fitters on it. The only way I found to properly clean the filters was to remove them and take them outside and use a combination of beating, rolling and using compressed air inside the filter to remove caked dust. The pleats were simply packed too tight for compressed air to work properly. After doing that once a month for several years I vowed my next cyclone would have some way of cleaning the filters without taking them off the machine. That was why I was so reluctant to buy and Oneida.
I called them yesterday asking about the Vet discount and was told they send it out via email every year.  Also I asked about their DC and was told they had a big sale after Christmas and everything almost sold out and waiting for another big shipment.

My understanding is businesses do not want to keep stock on the floor of which they will have to pay tax on at the end of the year.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-17-2017, 05:12 PM)jteneyck Wrote: My G0636X bandsaw shipped the same day from stock out of MO when I ordered it last August.  

John

John

That is the same one the VA bought me and I know you will like it a lot.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-18-2017, 12:44 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Huxley, my last cyclone was a 2.5 hp tempest. It was the one that rated as the Best Buy back when they were tested. It was a great dust collector and very little dust got through to the filters. That being said I'm in my shop every day and even with only a little dust getting through the filters got too caked for the machine to function properly in short order. It had the nano fitters on it. The only way I found to properly clean the filters was to remove them and take them outside and use a combination of beating, rolling and using compressed air inside the filter to remove caked dust. The pleats were simply packed too tight for compressed air to work properly. After doing that once a month for several years I vowed my next cyclone would have some way of cleaning the filters without taking them off the machine. That was why I was so reluctant to buy and Oneida.

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse.  The key to a cyclone is having high enough separation that the filters go a very long time between cleaning, even when using a wide belt or large drum sander for hours on end.  What one should be looking for is extremely high separation, tons of filter area along with very high MERV filters, the best at that is Clear Vue and the second best is Oneida, my only issue with my Oneida is I wish it had more filter area.  My Oneida has several hundred hours of 50" drum sander use on them without any significant increase in back pressure.  

From years of seeing different cyclones in action I think the smart money is buying Oneida, Clear Vue or a used commercial cyclone like a Torit.
I was wondering the same about the jointers. I wanted the Jet or Powermatic but couldn't justify the difference in price and finally ordered the G0656 8"jointer the other day. I was told delivery isn't expected till the end of April. I  saw this same jointer was out of stock last year. Wonder why they don't order more. Do they wait for enough orders before actually ordering these machines to get better shipping cost which I presume is by ship? Anyway I'll wait to spring.
Smile