why are recessed led downlights cheaper?
do you really need a trim?  Seems like the LEDs have a bezel
(02-20-2017, 03:02 PM)EricU Wrote: do you really need a trim?  Seems like the LEDs have a bezel

The led units are called "led trims" in the electrical industry.
Thanks Robert. Not looking for yellow lights, even at 19.99 a pair. I like the cans because they are rated for insulation contact and they're easy to install from below without going into the attic.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

The ones I prefer are the halo brand. They are what are used in commercial applications and their heat sinks are huge and they have better CRI. Even their 3500k bulbs don't look near as yellow as other brands but their 4100k or so are pretty nice. Though they are pricey compared to household ones.
I think the phillips led lights that HD carries have a decent color.  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-75W-E.../206352714
of course, I thought they were $20 when I bought them too

on edit: I bought 4 of these for $20 each tonight. I guess $25 was the old price and it's still on the website.