my router table outrigger stops
Hi all,
I thought I'd share a useful shop project I just finished.

I'm a router table junky. I use a router table almost always over a hand held router. I find it gives me much more control and accuracy.

From time to time I'll use it to make stopped slots, rabbits, dados, beads, flutes, etc. often on parts longer than my router table.

I've always used what scraps I had laying around to cobble together stops, with clamps sticking out every which way.

I had some time so I thought I'd make something better.

This is made out of BB plywood. Two pcs. with a slot ( made with my cobbled together stops) and two pcs. with a t-track.

It's infinitely variable from 5 FT on either side down to nothing, and is easy to use. as an added bonus It also works as an extended stop on my TS cross cut sled.

Here's some pics.

This is what I used to do.

[Image: IMG_0664_zpsu6zojb96.jpg]

This is what I came up with
 fully extended

[Image: IMG_0659_zpsklsh8jdk.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0661_zpsdx7rdbay.jpg]

with the two outboard wings reversed and the inboard wings retracted.

[Image: IMG_0663_zpsoqlzqc5d.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0662_zpsvqjt2vee.jpg]

Thanks for looking
                               Jim
-- jbmaine
Great setup. I will definitly steal that.
That's a nice setup.  But what caught my attention even more is your CMS dust collection setup.  Are you able to pivot and bevel the saw across its full range?  If that's your design, do you have any drawings?  If it's someone else's, who's?  Thanks.

John
(02-20-2017, 04:29 PM)jteneyck Wrote: That's a nice setup.  But what caught my attention even more is your CMS dust collection setup.  Are you able to pivot and bevel the saw across its full range?  If that's your design, do you have any drawings?  If it's someone else's, who's?  Thanks.

John

Hi John
     that's just a box I made around the saw with a DC hose in back to capture the sawdust. when I pivot the saw I have to take the top of the box off and it doesn't work as well. It's been on my list for some time to make one that moves with the saw. Sorry, no drawings, but I could take some pics if you would like.
                                                                                       Jim
-- jbmaine
Thanks for the feedback, Jim.  I'll be very interested when you get the final version worked out. 

John
I tend to separate work into bring the work to the tool (large tool) and bring the tool to the work (smaller handheld tools, and unpowered hand tools) Something that long would be a handheld router with an edge guide. or jig. Either that or for stopped Dado's/rabbets a TS. That is the thing about woodworking, there are always different ways to skin any one cat.
Big Grin

Wood magazine might give ya 50 bux for a tip though.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020