Hot Melt Glue Gun
(02-20-2017, 06:23 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Best gun for the $$$ Ive found

I run about 50 pounds of glue through mine a year....

Packerguy - that's a LOT of hot-melt glue - can I ask 'how' you use this much glue?  May have to dust off my old Stanley gun or buy a new one?  Thanks - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
I must be missing something.  I haven't ever used a hot glue gun for woodworking.  Not being a smart adze here, but what do you use it for?  Maybe I can learn something that makes things easier in the shop!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Mike, today I used my wife's cheap hobby glue gun to hold 4 blocks in alignment for an "inside / out" woodturning challenge.  The problem with the cheap gun...the glue cools two quickly.

Another use is tacking a block or fence in place on a jig before you run in the screws.

As far as I know, the main use is in reversible/temporary work.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(02-20-2017, 06:53 PM)giradman Wrote: Packerguy - that's a LOT of hot-melt glue - can I ask 'how' you use this much glue?  May have to dust off my old Stanley gun or buy a new one?  Thanks - Dave
Smile

I made over 3000 urns last year....hot glue is a great temporary clamping solution.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I have a cordless gun that uses polyurethane glue (think Gorilla glue).  It was very expensive when I bought it; there are cheaper versions now.  It has a much lower melt temperature so it is suitable to glue some things that hot melt glues will ruin.  

The adhesive is permanent.

But it leaves a black glue line when I tried it for picture frames.  I thought I could use if for my framing business but the glue line put the kabosh on that.  

Here is a recent version:  http://www.toolfix.com.au/Steinel-PurGlu...e-Gun.html

This thing shoots real permanent glue.  For certain applications a really good product.  And it is cordless.  Very handy for that too.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Mine is also a Surebonder, but a different model (discontinued, I think) a Pro 4000A. For what little I use it for, it's fine. I would suggest one of the less expensive units to see just how much you'll use it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The one and only hot glue gun I've had for 10 years, have used it probably 5-10 times in any given year (wife has used it more lately) and I'm sure I didn't pay more than $20 for it at a craft store.
(02-20-2017, 06:56 PM)gMike Wrote: I must be missing something.  I haven't ever used a hot glue gun for woodworking.  Not being a smart adze here, but what do you use it for?  Maybe I can learn something that makes things easier in the shop!

I used it to make 30 or so of these
[Image: bottleopener12.JPG]

and a few of these kitchen bulletin boards

[Image: corkboard1.JPG]

[Image: corkboardlady1.JPG]
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop