Hot Melt Glue Gun
Never had a Hot Melt Glue Gun, but am interested.  Prices range from $169.00 at Woodcraft to $4.00 on Amazon.  Generally "you get what you pay for".  This will be for woodworking (temporary and jig glue ups) so I want a good one.  Amazon has a 180W Bosch for $69.00, Rockler has 200W ??? brand for $49.00.  I've seen 2 minute and up for warm-up times.

Now I turn to the brain trust here; what say ye?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This one. You will never be sorry.

http://www.hillas.com/Categories/Glue-Gu...group+%231
I use one maybe 4 or 5 times a year for one task or another, certainly not in a production environment, and the one I bought maybe 15 years ago for $10-$20 (guesstimate, it was certainly not expensive) has done everything I've ever asked of it.  Now, continuous use, no; occasional use, heck, it worked for me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I had an old one which worked great until it disappeared... I replaced it with a dewalt one last year as I rarely use one and needed one again. It's crap it doesn't heat up as much as the old one and the glue with it was worse than dollar store glue sticks. 

In fact it was so bad I bought a glue gun and glue sticks from the dollar store and they worked much better and te total cost was $2.16 for mini glue gun and glue sticks. I heated up better and the glue stuck better than the De Walt one.

When I need one again I will be looking at the bosch as it seems decent and it has a long tube tip on it which is much more usable.
Boy, I hardly ever use my glue gun - have an older Stanley 'cordless' w/ a base station that heats up the gun which then can be removed w/o a cord in the way - doubt that I paid much more that $30-$40 for the tool - if your needs are basic and use infrequent, don't invest a lot of money.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Best gun for the $$$ Ive found

I run about 50 pounds of glue through mine a year....

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(02-20-2017, 03:23 PM)rfd8w5 Wrote: This one. You will never be sorry.

http://www.hillas.com/Categories/Glue-Gu...group+%231

This is the industry standard around here. Can't say why, it just us. I've had average success with it, we have it where I work now. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. One of them wouldn't heat up and it was cheaper to replace it than repair.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Packerguy
That's the same gun I have . I really love it . got mine from Amazon , has good reviews too
Surebonder hot glue gun
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I have a Bosch that is about 25 years old. Probably paid under $30.00. Works fine, I use it infrequently.
I believe the higher priced guns get to melting point quickest.Other than that and reliability I do not see much difference in the $30.00 guns and the very expensive ones. Just my opinion, others may differ.
mike
I've had a few over the years. They come in handy when making temporary or reversible joins. I've had my current one for a few years, and it is also the best of the bunch. This is by Dremel.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com