bandsaw blade tracking help
as someone said.. how good is your ear...... forget about the guide on the side.

I use a 3/16" on mine to cut exotics when makning boxes. I make sure it is in plane, I have good tension, I have a good blade, the tire is clean and the guides are set. 
A 1/8" does not last long under certain conditions.
(02-20-2017, 08:03 PM)konaman Wrote: what is a good way to know when the blade it at correct tension without an expensive tool?

Set the tension at the 1/8" mark on the saw's tension gage.  That's a good place to start.  It may not be optimum, but it will be OK with respect to getting the blade to run true on the wheels. 

John
(02-20-2017, 08:03 PM)konaman Wrote: what is a good way to know when the blade it at correct tension without an expensive tool?

1/8" blade it would be hard to use a tensioning jig/appliance on anyhow, you do better with any of those with more band to work with (wider blades). Thumb test has worked forever. As suggested tension per the scale to 1/8" minimum, the 14" Deltas/clones almost always go at least one leap tighter than the size of your blade.

Some thoughts

You will find it really is all about the tension.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU

Take the time and watch this.  I don't know a whole lot about the subject, but I've watched a lot of videos.  I am think this fellow know what he's doing.  I am waiting for my Lugna 14 Bx to show up in mid March.  I have never used or owned one before.