Anyone make a beard comb?
I had figured that orientation would be best. I like the contrasting idea too!
Benny

I made this one for my daughter (no she doesn't have a beard
Rolleyes )  Tried a couple of things to cut the teeth, dovetail saw, bandsaw, and the band saw seemed to work the best.  Had some trouble keeping the cuts parallel and even.  Sanding the teeth took some time.  There must be a better way.  The wood is birch with a finish of wood butter ( beeswax and mineral oil).

[Image: Comb.jpg]
Thanks Phil. I figured I'd be flossing with 220 for a long time after I make the cuts
Smile I'll try to dial in a miter gauge setup on the band saw and see how that goes.
Benny

I've thought about a brush for the summer months when it's shorter.
Benny

I recently got a beard brush for the warmer/shorter hair months
Smile
Benny

Hey there! You can make a comb from maple or from black walnut. The combs will be sturdy and will give you a strong backbone to get through those tangled beard hair. You can also slightly give it a bend to let that comb go through your beard hair easily. Make sure the teeth and broader at the bottom part of the comb and narrower at the ends. The only pain goes into filing them to ensure they are smooth. You can also opt for beard brush to give you tangled free hair and draws the extra dust product from the hair as you use it. You can also taper the thickness of your beard comb as you want. I hope this helps!