Moulder Snipe and Divots
I am making my own trim (3 1/4 in) for my home and am encountering some problems with snipe and divots mid-board.  I have tried slowing down the feeder and taking two shallower passes.  This helps but I am still getting mars in the finished piece.  I am using red oak and the Shop Fox W1812  7 inch moulder planer.  Any ideas?
explain  your dust collection please
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I am using the Grizzly 2 hp G1029 hooked up to a cyclone separator.  1550 CFM.
are you seeing lots of chips on the outfeed side? 

If so shake your filters bags vigorously and empty the bottom one 

I have the same molder and the only time I have an issue is with really pitchy woods or the DC is not fully working

Edit to add : Snipe is a product of the feed rolls set too tight which also leads to the divots you are encountering from chips being pressed into the wood 

I would release the feed roll tension slightly and also run a short ~12" piece in front and behind the moldings they can have the profile cut in all they do is keep the feed rolls from pushing when entering and exiting the unit 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks Joe.  I will try that.