Flush Trim Bit
I have Frued flush trim bit that I've used maybe 5 times. While using it yesterday the bearing flew off. Place I bought itnis out of business.

If I send it to Frued, do you think they will repair it?
Contact them & see what they say.
What have you got to lose?
Is it held on with a screw like all mine?

If so, then go to a well stocked hardware store and buy a screw.
What do you mean "the bearing flew off" 
Did the screw come out, did the boss the bearing rides on break off, did the bearing grow wings and flutter away, did the bearing explode????
Some of this is on the manufacturer and some is on the operator.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I would call the bearings a consumable product.  Order a new bearing.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor...dxwfrm20_e
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The bearing, bearing insert, and screw flew off! Can't find them amongst the debris and sawdust in my shop. I wasn't doing anything unusual. Everything was the same as I have done before. I was very surprised and also lucky that the "biting" the bit did on the workpiece was repairable.

I believe Frued should at a minimum repair the bit but am not hopeful they will do anything. I'll keep everyone posted.
(02-23-2017, 02:11 AM)Herb G Wrote: Contact them & see what they say.
What have you got to lose?

Agree - unless the bearing was loose because the screw was not tighten, then I'd want Freud to examine the bit to make sure there is no defect - if present, then I suspect a replacement would be sent - I own plenty of Freud bits and blades and suspect that the company will stand by its products (headquarters located just down the road from me in High Point, NC, I believe) - we used to have a 'Freud Guy' in the forum and many of us in the past exchanged emails, including myself, but not sure if he is still active?  You can give them a call or send an email - here's the LINK - good luck.  Dave
Smile

Piedmont North Carolina
Call them, you will be happy you did.

Freud Tools
c/o Customer Service
218 Feld Avenue
High Point, NC 27263

Phone
800-334-4107
Fax
336-434-8333

Not that it will help getting it fixed, but on any tooling that has a set screw I use a drop of Locktite Purple. Just don't use red, it doesn't come off so good. The Purple is perfect for smallish set screw sizes, and it helps hold, but if you use a screwdriver it easily pops loose.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW