Rifflers
I am working on a cutting board with a handle in 7/4 stock and came up against a problem.  I don't own anything that can get into a tight inside curve to round it over.  I tried a file which left a mess of gouges, etc.  I tried 80 grit sandpaper and finally realized I'd be really old before I could get the roundover I want that way.  After way too much time I remembered that I bought a riffler from Tools For Working Wood some time ago.  A long search ensued but I finally found it living among my chisels.

That thing, (12 grain ,#2 riffler) is perfect for this little chore.  It is curved just enough to get into the gap and the tooth pattern leaves a rough but not jagged surface.  It took me 10 minutes to do what I needed to do and 2 hours of screwing around before I remembered I'd bought it.  Obviously, this is the first time I used it but it won't be the last.  I highly recommend this little tool for those of you who do any carving or cutting of inside curves that need to be rounded over.  I'm sure I'll find a ton of other uses for this thing now that I remembered that I own it!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Just to let you know you're not in the wrong room.
Laugh
Thanks for posting this, it will be a great help to me in the future.
Joe

P.S. How about some pictures?
I was beginning to wonder if I posted to the wrong forum...

Here's the page from the TFWW site.

https://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/stor...AU-RR02.XX

They aren't cheap but they certainly do the job for which they were intended.
Mike

But not today...
Hi,
I agree, they are very useful tools for fast rounding.

[Image: 2i9iav7.jpg]
I have a couple of these hand made rifflers I bought here in Italy, but they are on USA web sites, too:
https://www.sculpturehouse.com/s-315-b-a...rasps.aspx

I am using them for rounding the plane handles I make.
I ordered the rifflers from the producer directly, by mail (info@bbartigiana.it); these have a smaller curvature ray than the standard one (same shape but one is coarser).
Another handy tool for working inside curves is TFWW's saw handle rasp -

[Image: GT-SHRASP_A_big.jpg]

I've used it for shaping totes and such and found it to work well.  More comfortable in the hand and a bit cheaper than the Auriou rifflers.

Phil
Now that rasp looks really useful.  I just ordered one.  It should work well for the oddball things I do.
Mike

But not today...