Grizzly 10inch sliding table saw G0623X

Dear fellows I have purchased the Grizzly 10 inch sliding table saw model G0623X I am having problem align the fence with blade I get 4mm difference. The manual that came with the saw is terrible not explained very well, even I have called the technical service it takes at least 15 minutes for  them to answer the phone.
            Dose anybody in this forum own table saw liked the one I have mentioned could help.

OK so considering there are two fences on that saw ( crosscut and rip) you might share which one is out.

I also looked up the saw online and found this link to the owners manual . I think your issue is the carriage is out by the distance you stated and the very front page shows the two different adjustment systems. That is where you will start to bring the blade carriage and the slider to perpendicular which is what you need to do first . Then the rip fence can be adjusted as needed to make it parallel.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Joe for being an opinionated (*&%$ by some peoples description, you are a heck of a nice guy. Not sure why others don't see that.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(02-25-2017, 04:11 PM)Steve N Wrote: Joe for being an opinionated (*&%$ by some peoples description, you are a heck of a nice guy. Not sure why others don't see that.

most times the cold hard truth is hard to swallow, that leads to the conclusion I am an *&%$ 

Big Grin
Big Grin

I DGARA < I do however try to be of assistance even if the message is not what others expect
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

You do very well in the help dept. Joe, very well indeed.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks *&%$.
I appreciate ya.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I am a former owner of the saw and really miss having it, you will like it the more you use it.  I believe the issue is the fence rail is not parallel to the cast iron and steel table. Look at owner manual page 66, exploded view of fence rail assembly.   You need to make some adjustments of the rail spacing and you can use like a socket as a gauge to make the space parallel. The adjustments can be done by adjusting the hex nuts item 415, there are about 6 of these 12 mm nuts.  Lock your fence to rail and adjust these nuts in or out to get the fence parallel to the blade.  As you loosen and tighten these nuts the rail will move slightly and the angle of fence will be move into alignment. Basically if you loosen the nut on the outside of the tables the nut on the inside of the tables need to be tightened, this will skew the rail and be amplified to the fence. A little adjustment will move the fence a lot.  I hope this makes sense to achieve your fence adjustments.

Regards!
Ed
Hello Ed thank you for taking your time to reply. 

That information is very useful and I am going to adjust this tomorrow. Regarding the table saw it is wonderful. I was using 20 years old Sears Craftsman table saw which I have put it aside. What I feeling using the sliding table saw by Grizzly, it is different and you fell the joy of wooding working when use modern and a new table saw, I enjoy cutting wood so easy and beautiful without putting too much efforts, thank you Ed for the information. I will post videos in the future.

(02-26-2017, 03:44 AM)cputnam Wrote: You do very well in the help dept. Joe, very well indeed.

+1