Spur screw lost
lost the second one!!!! Does anyone know the size of screw for the Craftsman equivalent of a Stanley 78. I'm pretty sure I used one from a Stanley 45 and that is the one I lost. That auction site has spurs and screw combos for $11 including shipping, but that is alot more than I am willing to part with.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
No prob in my world. I think the spurs on a #78 cause more trouble than they are worth. I like the clean corner look. Just use a #45 with a 1/8 cutter first to make the corner or use a saw to make a kerf.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I ended up using a saw to make the kerf, and I do admit it worked better than the spur. Nor sure what I was doing wrong because I wasn't getting a vertical shoulder with the plane prior to losing the screw. I thought that it was due to only having 3/8" width for the plane to register to and I was tipping the plane. Got the project done anywho.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.