Lights in the attic
I don't think the open base with an incandescent bulb is allowed in an attic.  I believe the light bulb has to have some type of enclosure around the bulb in case it breaks.  The hot element igniting a fire is the concern.  I installed the porcelain bases over the 4" electrical boxes and just the incandescent bulbs in my attic while under construction back in 2005.  I was flagged for not having them enclosed. 

I once had a light bulb burst in a ceiling fan over a kitchen table as soon as I turned it on.  The element was ejected and burned a hole in the table cloth.  If you flip on the string of lights in the attic, what will the hot element hit if the bulb bursts?
(03-04-2017, 12:32 AM)aquaticjim Wrote: I don't think the open base with an incandescent bulb is allowed in an attic.  I believe the light bulb has to have some type of enclosure around the bulb in case it breaks.  The hot element igniting a fire is the concern.  I installed the porcelain bases over the 4" electrical boxes and just the incandescent bulbs in my attic while under construction back in 2005.  I was flagged for not having them enclosed. 

I once had a light bulb burst in a ceiling fan over a kitchen table as soon as I turned it on.  The element was ejected and burned a hole in the table cloth.  If you flip on the string of lights in the attic, what will the hot element hit if the bulb bursts?

There are no code restrictions unless they are in the walkway of a stand up attic. If we go under your way of thinking then no incandescent light bulb is safe. We use them in lamps on our desks where there are papers and many other applications where there is flammable materials. We would be in constant fear. Have you gone around your house and changed all light bulbs to leds now. Oh by the way the electronics in led lights can fry also. The other alternative is the halogen energy savers that replaced incandescent. That is a gas. Do not get cut with that glass. Same with flourescents. 

Now maybe in your town they have stricter code items and that too may have been why you were flagged.
John T.
(02-25-2017, 01:13 PM)TDKPE Wrote: That's why I stocked up before they went poof.  I have a lifetime supply for the garage and attic.  
Laugh

When asked, I tell folks no, I haven't any.

That way I can keep them for a very long time.  
Big Grin
(03-04-2017, 01:28 PM)daddo Wrote:  When asked, I tell folks no, I haven't any.

That way I can keep them for a very long time.  
Big Grin

Last Man Standing.  Meeting behind the hardware store, using code words, to score 100W incandescent bulbs. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I almost picked up a bunch more 100 watt bulbs as true value here had bunches on their clearance table in december. 

And since no one has said it yet.. Toys in the attic..... Was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title.
(03-04-2017, 06:19 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Last Man Standing.  Meeting behind the hardware store, using code words, to score 100W incandescent bulbs. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Berries
John T.
I've got 60's in the shop attic. Lights it up ok. Course the bottom side of the tin roof is white, which helps a bunch.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-04-2017, 06:19 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Last Man Standing.  Meeting behind the hardware store, using code words, to score 100W incandescent bulbs. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

That would be; "C- wiskey alfa tango tango".  On the hush hush.  
Uhoh