ID needed on Warranted Superior
Photo 
So the saw is 26" long 4 1/2ppi skewed back. The etching is vary faint and I'm having a very difficult time identifying a maker from the visible portion of the blade. I believe in the etching there is the number 77.. but i have no idea. This is my first time posting on here. Seeing Tom refurbish old saws got me excited to try it myself so I picked up a few saws at an estate sale last week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Could it be this?
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vi...-111113914

Branford saw works 77 ?
Nice work -- I'd say you nailed it Marc, (though it's actually BranDford)
I thought bran"d"ford also,,as thats what it looks like. But in almost every search i did i couldnt find a "d". The only thing that i saw was that listing ,,,so i spelled it their way. I get nothing coming up on that company.
Hello everyone. Thanks to Joe and Marc I appreciate your input and its the closest information I have been able to find but in the etching, at least to my eye it appears to say _sandford saw w____.
also looking at the the numbers.. I can discern a varying angle on the two vertical sections of the numbers. The first one from the left appears almost perpendicular to the saw while the second numbers vertical stroke is clearly slanted to the right. The top of the first number is illegible but the second number is distinctly a seven. so in retrospect i believe the first number to be a 1.. perhaps.. not sure if this helps at all. I've been scouring the internet for dates nailing down the manufacturing of the medallion. any information on what time period warranted superior medallions had two stars, one at three oclock and one at 9, an eagle in the middle surrounded by a circle of stars? Perhaps this wouldhe lp locating which comapnies were using the mdallions and making saws at that time period.
When i first started looking i came to the same conclusions you did. I still couldnt find anything. I once had a saw with a hard to read etching. I took tracing paper and outlined what i could see. That made it easier to hone in on the letters. I'll look to see if i still have it.
This is what i did. I figured it out, i just forget what it was and dont care anymore. Lol

[Image: sawetch.jpg]
There is an entry in Erwin Schaffer's "Hand-saw Makers of North America"

[Image: 8xMvXrr.jpg]
You guys are awesome! Thanks for your help. Tomorrow I'm going to buff up the handle and hardware, straighten and sharpen the blade and give it a go.