Looking for woodworkers in the Minneapolis area
I got this email, and I'm hoping to help this lady if we can....

Quote:Hi Steve,

You may not remember me. My fathers name was Dan Connolly, we were from northern Mn and he was very active on woodnet. Shortly after he passed away four years ago you were kind enough to send me a PDF of some very nice messages left by woodnet members.

I have some wood and I would like to hire someone to make a project for me. I do not see this project as being particularly advanced/difficult, but this person would need to be a woodworker and have the associated wood shop tools. Do you know of anyone in the forums that you could put me in touch with? I am now in Minneapolis.

Thank you,
Sadie Connolly
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Not anywhere near Minneapolis, but that is some real evidence of how powerful this place is
Yes

Now one of you Mn. guys try to help that Lady out, and I am thanking you for your help.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Dan was a great guy. I hope someone is able to help his daughter out.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

What is the project?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(02-27-2017, 05:50 PM)barnowl Wrote: I got this email, and I'm hoping to help this lady if we can....

I'm not in her area but if she can get the wood to me I will build something for her at no charge and cover the shipping cost to get it back to her.
Have her contact our shop; we can help her get squared away with either someone from the MN Woodworkers Guild or one of the many cabinet shops located in our area.
Allan
651-398-7001
Lots of great people here.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks gents.

I'll send her a PDF of this thread.
Got this back from Sadie:

Quote:I'm sorry, I got so excited I completely forgot to respond. I called Allan and he is going to help me out. He is also maybe 4 miles from where I work. Thank you for getting this out there.

Sadie

Thanks Alan !!!

And thanks to everyone else's generosity as well !!!

Cool