Craftsman 1/2" drill model 315.11490

Craftsman 1/2" drill model 315.11490
Can someone help me with how to change the brushes??  It sparks like a Texan electric chair and I need to change the brushes.  To do this I need to remove the old brushes, which I assume are behind these two buttons on the top and bottom of the drill. 
After these are removed, there is a white covering (see pics).... OR am I going at this all wrong ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Carl
You are going about it correctly.  Try pulling the white parts out,  looks like a hole on top of them that you could use a bent wire to pull on.  The brushes should be under the white parts or more likely attached to them.   Roly
 The brush holders could be gummed up if the brushes look ok .    Clean out so the brushes can easily move.   Remember the orientation of the brush removed so you can replace it the same way.
You were right...  Thanks Roly !
c