can this motor be reversed?
Older 1/6 hp motor has 5 terminals.  I reversed white and black and no change.

It has five numbered terminals -- 1 and 2 are  left to right on top row; 3,5 and 4 are in bottom column.

hot and neutral are hooked to 1 and 3.

any ideas or am I stuck figuring a way to mount it so the wet grinder I'm using it on will turn the right way.
Confused
Confused

[Image: old%20motor.jpg]
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
try crossing the drive belt. 

if you have enough belt that works fine
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

No diagram under the cover? No plate on the outside case?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What does the nameplate say, i.e. dual-voltage? Thermally protected? Reversible (rotation box perhaps)?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Too small/old for anything but basic info on nameplate. If there was a wiring diagram it's covered with paint/crud.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(02-28-2017, 05:58 PM)JGrout Wrote: try crossing the drive belt. 

if you have enough belt that works fine

[OT] I'd forgotten about that trick. From my childhood I remember an Allis-Chalmers pull type combine. It had a  l o n g V belt (maybe 10 ft.+) driving several parts and had a couple reversals. Needed a diagram to install the belt so everything turned in the right direction.
The original Struck Kit Minidozer used that technique for reverse.  I still have the Popular Science science magazine from the 60's which featured that little dozer.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-28-2017, 09:05 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Too  small/old for anything but basic info on nameplate.  If there was a wiring diagram it's covered with paint/crud.

If you're willing to take some resistance readings with a DMM, we can probably figure out if it's reversible.
Tom

If it turns out it can't be electrically reversed, there is a way.Remove the endbells and rotor. Reassemble with the bells and rotor reversed. You will have to extend the wiring from one side of the center housing to the other side.  A bit of trouble to do, but it works.  I have reversed several motors this way.
Tongue 
Mounted motor on other side to reverse the direction of rotation.

Turned it on and guess what -- now it runs backwards
Rolleyes

only spent half a day mounting it.
Uhoh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)