Dust collection
Looking at jet n laguna they both state filtration down to 1 micron n less. Wondering what the word less means? All my tools are no more than 6 feet from my current single stage n figure portable would work for cyclone.
Also anybody have either one of the brands I list n what do you think of them? Or should I look at different brand?
It means when the filter media cakes it will get finer dust. 

I did not know jet made a cyclone, but I do now. that is the one I would go with Laguna has CS issues even if you are buying third party  if you have issues you got to deal with them directly 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I just went through the same deal. 

I run TONS of dust through my system though. Probably pushing 75-100 gallons a week. Didnt want something over 2HP, where I needed to pipe. I am planning on buying a building in the next 3 years....and will buy something in the 5-10 HP range then. Wanted to get something smaller now to use directly that I could use later to that was portable.

I liked the laguna hepa a lot....the grizz 1-1/2 HP Hepa was on the list. Didnt even look at the Jet. 

There was a guy on youtube that did a point system to decide on his.....he basically assigned a point system 1 being least impotant, 5 being most on a ton of specs for a number of systems to decide which was best for him. I did the same and it was eye opening as I put some on there that I had no interest in buying. In the end it took the bias out of the choice. I was pretty sure I would get the grizz for 6 months.....

I ended up with a Oneida Mini-Gorilla Portable Cyclone.  Price was a fit. I loved the small profile. Baldor motor. Certified Hepa for 99.97% down to .3 Microns. Everything I have is withing 5-10 feet as well. Never run more than one machine at a time. DC only for cleaning up floor, 15" Planer, TS, Jointer, router table occasional drum/disk/spindle sander use. 

Came UPS (another plus not having to deal with freight delivery) Comes in 3 boxes. Took maybe 3 hours to get together, I wasnt really working fast that day. Could be done faster. 

Its sucks noticeably more than my jet 1-1/2 DC. Super happy with it. Only two drawbacks.....22 gallon collection bin, but for me I already had the dust sentry so ifts not a huge deal. Getting the canister to lock on is interesting at first because it sits up an inch or two when locked on. 

I know the big thing people complain about oneida cyclones is the filters because they dont have cleaners like most canister filters. But the filter is so easy to get ff its a non uissue for me if i need to remove it once a year and blow it out.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)