Pruning the easy way!!!!
Yearly rose bush/ornamental grass/etc. trimming usually takes several hours with hand loppers and pruners.

Getting too old to bend over, so had a better idea. Have a Homelite weed eater. No blades to fit, so I bought a 5&1/2" cordless saw blade(80 tooth? 120 tooth?) with a 10mm arbor hole. Adapted that to the weedeater.

Less than 5 minutes and DONE!!!!!!!
[Image: DSCN0152_zpsue3xcihf.jpg]

Took out the string carraige:[Image: DSCN0153_zpsacjreyaz.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0151_zpshvxgixen.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0150_zpstutq2obg.jpg]

Less than 5 minutes:[Image: DSCN0154_zpsiz8daxhk.jpg]
That is utterly terrifying looking!

Hopefully you've checked that the blade is rated for the RPM that weedwacker is putting out.

Just wear steel toed boots.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
Lots of folks make a production, almost a religous experience, out of pruning roses.
While I still do mine by hand, I always recall what I heard a professional rose person
say on the radio one time. She said that they have many thousands of roses that
require annual pruning. They do it with a sickle bar on a large tractor.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Mac, you were lucky.

Don't rely on lucky for your wellbeing.

Use a proper weedeater rated for a proper brush cutter.
or something like this:

http://www.grassgator.com/Grass%20Gator%204680.html

the blade shield on that homelite won't stop the shrapnel you are likely to produce.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
My Stihl weedwacker has an aux blade you can get for trimming with.
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimme...nd-blades/
If you're gonna do that on regular basis, step up to the real thing and get a Clearing saw!  I worked with a guy who used e-bay table saw blades on his.  they were rated for the RPMs.  His woods is on very rocky soil...it didn't sound as ugly when he hit rocks with a $6 blade!
None of the off the shelf accessories fit the HomeLite. Cannot afford to buy a $400 something.

I know it is dangerous. I have safety equipment. I also repaired equipment very similar to the setup I made for 15+ years. Saw blade is a single piece, no slits, no inserts, no carbide. I'll wager it is like the blades on that equipment. I don't even run the HomeLite at full speed unloaded.

I know from experience how to start a cut so the trimmer does not kick back.

Thanks for caring. Really.
Yes
Yes
I love a blade on a weedeater (and yes, I have the $400 weedeater that is rated for it, comes with the safety features, yada yada).  Makes short work of brush.

I will grant it is scary to think of what it could do to your legs though.
for some reason I can hear the phrase,"hold my beer while I start this."
(03-01-2017, 05:28 PM)Herb G Wrote: My Stihl weedwacker has an aux blade you can get for trimming with.
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimme...nd-blades/

Yep, that is what I use.  Works great, been doing it for ~20 years.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe