Cutting board
Finally getting around to some woodworking after a long bunch of cold/wet/snow weather.

I used my last piece of 6 quarter figured maple to make my GF this cutting board.
I added a couple walnut strips for accent.
I ripped the board into 1 1/4" thick strips and face glued the edges.
Usually I set up the router gantry to surface the faces, but this time all the pieces glued up with +/- 1/32 so I decided to hand plane.
I used my Lie-Nielson #7 #4 1/2 & #4.  With sharp blades I had a ready to finish-sand surface.
I was amazed with the surface finish from hand plaining and had no tear out.
Nothing real fancy however I was quite happy with the look.
Thanks for looking...

[Image: B10%20Oiled%20and%20ready%20to%20use_zpsj4bznsif.jpg]
Well done! I love that maple.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Beautiful cutting board - love the wood & accents - congrats!  
Smile

The next question is how do you plan to put on a finish - always a controversial issue w/ these items that come in contact w/ food - Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
(03-01-2017, 08:24 PM)giradman Wrote: Beautiful cutting board - love the wood & accents - congrats!  
Smile

The next question is how do you plan to put on a finish - always a controversial issue w/ these items that come in contact w/ food - Dave

Thanks for the compliment.

The picture was taken after two coats of mineral oil which can be repeated occasionally with use.
The woodworking supply stores sell the same thing in a fancy bottle for 3 times the price
Wink
(03-01-2017, 08:49 PM)wood-chips Wrote: Thanks for the compliment.

The picture was taken after two coats of mineral oil which can be repeated occasionally with use.
The woodworking supply stores sell the same thing in a fancy bottle for 3 times the price
Wink

I go straight to the incontinence isle at CVS for my mineral oil
Smile
Benny