Looks like I'll need a saw...
As i picked up a mitre box the other day...

$15 plus tax.    The saw in it I already had,,,,,and is the wrong size.    Needs a 26" long by 4" under spine one..

Other than a "pointy bolt" and a missing saw.....everything else was on board...

Both front and rear guide posts had all their parts.  

Mitre Box is a Stanley No. 2246A, according to the name plate. 

Sooo, looks like I keep an eyeball peeled for a  Disston No. 4,  4 x 26, 11 ppi  back saw.    Might have to go back to that store, and look around a little better.   hard to do much, with 15 pounds in your hands...
Laugh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice score. Sometimes those looong miter saws can be had for low money--the short ones are in bigger demand. Good luck.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
If you're interested, I've got one in nice shape and fairly sharp, shoot me a PM; it's a 4" deep, 25 1/2"-26" depending on how you measure it; I think it came out of the same box.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thank you for the offer.    Currently talking to a fellow from the Cinci area about a meet-up half way up the road from him.   Will see how it turns out, and let you know...
Better yet, save on shipping, local is always good.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I had a near mint example of the same miter box for a good while.  It was a great tool.

Ended up passing it on, as I needed the space back.
Great find! Good price on it, too. I recently got a Millers Falls one with the saw for $40, and I thought I did all right. Still haven't really used it, but the day I start cutting moldings will be the day I'm glad I bought it.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
That's a nice find. My ex-FIL had one I used many times. My son (his grandson) is a wood worker too and would have liked to have had that saw as a heirloom. Unfortunately when he passed away the vulture relatives swooped in and cleaned out everything including the saw before my son was able to lay claim to the saw.
Road Trip this morning, to meet up with the fellow with the saw.....

4" x 24"   Disston- HK Porter,  fully readable etch,  straight as an arrow.   $20

Need to haul  this thing to the haul, for a test drive.    I think it will do just fine.  Not sure IF I would even NEED the extra 2"   the normal saw had.  ( 4 x 26")

Total price......$36.09,  not too hateful?

HK Porter bought out Disston about 1957, or so......mitre box might be the same age....
Bandit........ hope it works out. The $20 already got me two new palm gouges at the woodcarvers show after I left you. We both had a good day.