Traditional White Kitchens - Hand Made Details
Kitchens can be made in just as many styles as furniture and interior designs come in. Our shop has made kitchens using thick, 'Old World' details as well as designing them with clean, minimal 'Modern' lines. We’ve also finished their surfaces in every look ...from natural blonde maple to painting them a dark blood red, …. but the ones we are asked to make the most are traditional white kitchens.
The following pictures show the installation of a richly appointed, white kitchen, in the ‘Traditional’ style.

Our client was a commercial builder and would handle all other construction except create and install the custom made cabinets. This was for his own home and he liked the gallery on our website so I took him to see some of our work & he awarded us the job.

[Image: cabinets%20before%20installing%20logo_zpsa4jov1cf.jpg]
newly renovated room ready for unfinished cabs

[Image: kitchen%20plans%20wall%20logo_zpseoxjjdyf.jpg]
I often do a number of sketches for the shop when building … and I also put them up on a wall in the room when we are installing. 

[Image: kitchen%20waiting%20to%20paint%20logo_zpsu1rztz0b.jpg]
very accurate alignment of cabinets (for appliance and counter top placement) makes the finished kitchen fit together cleanly and become a single unit.

[Image: master%20painted%20logo_zpsslxdnehu.jpg]
I went back to take photographs but they hadn’t gotten the dishwasher in nor tiled the backsplash yet.

[Image: white%20kitchen%20stove%20sink%20logo_zpszgzrb4q5.jpg]
paneled side walls, stepped out vertical corners and well proportioned trim make for a rich Traditional style kitchen. The shape of these details are noticed best when all the woodwork is done in one paint color.

[Image: white%20kitchen%20pantry%20oven%20fridge...bl7dds.jpg]
here’s the kitchen’s other wall looking left…. with 16” deep pantry shelves, ovens & the fridge / they were considering placement of a TV above the wall ovens when I was last there.

This kitchen will be serving food for a few decades to come.
"Courage is knowing what not to fear."
www.hudsoncabinetmaking.com
Beautiful work.
I don't like "white kitchens" that said, that is a fine looking kitchen, and I think the darker floor saves it. Your work however is always amazing.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Beautiful work and a beautiful website. Not trying to inject a negative note, but (this is a pet peeve of mine in the internet age), why do you not prominently display the city and state you are in? I had to google the 845 area code to have some idea where you are.

That's all for now.
Marc
Sun City, AZ
Ohhhh I agree, it's not nearly as nice a thread, or those pictures aren't nearly as wonderful not know exactly the address where that house is located.

Slap
Slap
Slap
Slap
Rolleyes
No

GW
(03-04-2017, 12:12 PM)Steve N Wrote: Ohhhh I agree, it's not nearly as nice a thread, or those pictures aren't nearly as wonderful not know exactly the address where that house is located.

Slap  
Slap  
Slap  
Slap  
Rolleyes  
No

I think this is supposed to be funny...

My first thought was that I may be interested in talking to this company about doing our kitchen. I may not be the only person in the world that had that thought. That is probably why he has spent so much time and money on a beautiful website. 

My next question was..."I wonder if perchance this fabulous cabinet maker is close to me and might be interested in a new customer"! Surprised to find out how tough he makes it to know where he is. At least his phone number is not unlisted.

Since it costs nothing to put your address and/or city and state on you home page, I simply wondered why it was not done.
Marc
Sun City, AZ
(03-04-2017, 02:45 PM)Paladin Wrote: Since it costs nothing to put your address and/or city and state on you home page, I simply wondered why it was not done.

Perhaps he does not need the additional business and is selective with whom he works with. Or he would rather respond to web inquiries rather than the phone.
(03-07-2017, 08:15 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Perhaps he does not need the additional business and is selective with whom he works with. Or he would rather respond to web inquiries rather than the phone.

Hey, Joe1086...that makes little sense. If he is so selective, why not put his address on the website? Then people 1,000 miles away won't call or write or email, or tweet, or IM, asking where he is. After all, this is not a product or service that works well for people outside of his trade area. This would normally be something that is done face to face, not long distance. If I put an ad in the classified section for a 5,000 pound piece of old iron, you can bet I am going to put my city and state, because shipping is not an option and I don't need to field inquiries from New Zealand or New Jersey. And, if someone from New Zealand or New Jersey does contact me, knowing where the old iron is and that I won't ship, then maybe they own a trucking company and the distance is not an impediment. That is fine too. Big win for everybody.

Also, I don't really care if his site is totally anonymous, does not impact me one way or the other. I just wonder why the web designer, or someone, chose not to put a city and state on there. It does not cost anything. Was it, indeed, strategic? As you suggest, or an oversight.

I also wonder why stores and other retail establishments that have double entry doors, choose to lock one of them. Ever noticed? Drives me nuts. Ask an employee why one is locked and you get a blank stare. Weird.
Marc
Sun City, AZ
I'm sure that's true. But that's my question, why make me do a Google search to find this information? Why not just put it on your website?
Marc
Sun City, AZ
I'm going to go out on a limb, and suggest Russell is a busy Man, and doesn't have a lot of time for online, being a contractor he likely lives and dies by his phone, especially as a means of first mode of contact. If he gives his phone, and you have to search to find his address, he wants you to call.

GW