Epoxy Finish with Matte Poly
I made a table out of threshing planks and I would like to do an epoxy finish, but I don't want the shine of the epoxy.

Does anyone have experience with an epoxy finish and then applied a matte poly over the finish. If so what products didn't you use for this application.
My kayak is coated with epoxy, then scraped smooth, then sanded, then varnished.  The varnish I used is a spar varnish for marine environments (Captain's Z-spar).  The sanding is what allows the varnish to adhere to the epoxy.  Works really well.  I used gloss, but see no reason you could not use something with less sheen.
I made a table for my grandchildren and put an epoxy on top and after it dried for about three days I buffed it with a red scotchbrite pad and it now has an eggshell type of surface and has held up very well . Try your methods on scrap to see what you like.
It is common on yachts to apply varnish over a substantial WEST epoxy base. Technique is only everything.
Wood is good. 
Epoxy ages poorly when exposed to light, especially sunlight.  That's a good reason to coat it with varnish, but the varnish needs to have UV stabilizers in it.  Marine varnishes and many Spar varnishes have those stabilizers.  GF's High Performance Poly and Exterior 450 also contain UV stabilizers.

John
Thanks for the information. I order Ecopoxy UV poly. I will give it a try on some test pieces before I give it a go.