Titebond II
I have had a gallon for 2+ years. Still seems good and a test sample dried correctly and appears to be strong. Is it ok to continue to use it and if so for how long?
Second question on Franklins Q&A is about shelf life. If I am doing a jig, or project where I don't mind so much, I'll use glue past it's date. If I have time and or $$$$ invested I'll only use glue less than 1 year old. I have had some "goofy" results trying to stretch that timeline.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Titebond original, I'm working on using some unopened pints that are 6-7 years old. Still good.
I've got a unopened gallon that's about the same age.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If it's not thick, and spreads evenly, I'd say it's good.  If it's not thin and creamy,  I wouldn't use if for anything important.
RP
(03-02-2017, 05:21 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Titebond original, I'm working on using some unopened pints that are 6-7 years old. Still good.
I've got a unopened gallon that's about the same age.

Unopened and stored in the middle of its temperature range is probably the key to longer shelf life.

Or you've just used up all your good karma for the year.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(03-03-2017, 10:30 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Or you've just used up all your good karma for the year.

Knowing my luck.........
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I had some that froze last winter in the shop. I thawed it out, cleaned the tip, shook it well, added a little water, shook it some more, let it sit for 24 hrs, then threw it out.
Wink

Hey- It was only 7 bucks worth of security.
Franklin says that up to 5 freeze/thaw cycles will not adversely affect their product.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-03-2017, 01:49 PM)daddo Wrote: I thawed it out, cleaned the tip, shook it well, added a little water, shook it some more, let it sit for 24 hrs, then threw it out.
Wink

Did ya hit that rabbit with it?
Raised
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-03-2017, 01:57 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Franklin says that up to 5 freeze/thaw cycles will not adversely affect their product.

So Fred you are working on an heirloom piece for a Grandkid, and you have a brand new fresh bottle, and that nasty looking stuff that just froze for the 4th year in a row. Whatcha gonna do?
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh I'm with Daddo, except I'm taking the express route, and just gonna pitch ole Frosty Top.
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW