Party serving Tray
Last Christmas my brothers GF asked for a serving tray and gave me some examples.  She requested that it be made with some of that “pretty wood”. I picked through her examples and came up with my own design. Well it finally has been warm enough to get out in the shop so I got busy.

It’s made out of walnut, bloodwood and maple. The maple had some heartwood and it was fortuitous that the colors worked out nicely.  I made the cutting tray part removable so if it gets stuff stuck on it will be much easier to clean.

I sanded it to 320 and applied 4 coats of high gloss tung oil with sanding between coats.  The maple top has a couple coats of mineral oil.

[Image: T15%20Finished%20top_zpswyqnzdcb.jpg]

[Image: T16%20Finished%20side_zpsuqbmrv2m.jpg]

[Image: T17%20Finished%20end_zpsvxqvrilt.jpg]
That is nice, really like the contrast.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Very nice.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Very nice! They made something similar on Woodsmith shop recently, I like your maple top much more!
Benny

What's not to like? A daring combination of woods that really works, a practical design with flair, nice finish. 

She's going to want more from your shop....
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
That's very nice. Well done!
Beautiful design and love the contrasting woods - congrats!  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina