I would like to see us have a turning challange
to be done by June 1st 2017

I do not know how to spell it but it is the long thin turnings (trambleur?) .  The theme is baseball and whatever consists of baseball can be added to the thin turning.

I will try to have 3 prizes for the top three.  I will have to think of what I have for the prizes and thinking the winners will donate them to a Charitable cause for an auction.

What do you guys think?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Frog.  "Trembleur" the word to search.  Lots of how-to stuff out there.

e.g. http://lavieenbois.com/html/trembleur_eng.htm
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Ahh E instead of the A

So are you up for the challenge?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I did two sets of ball/claw feet ~30 years ago.  Two trembleurs maybe 20 years ago.  I'm convinced I'm capable of either, but feel no need to do them again, thank you.

But, for those who might care, use dental floss.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Not too many takers. I thought there were more talented turners here on WN.

I don't have the accessories for my old lathe for such fine work or I would give it a go and learn something.

Perhaps a less challenging and precise project?

These guys have the skills and talents.
It does not have to be 3 feet just something to test us and to help charity with the finished turned and hopefully they can sell it at auction for a good price.

I also thought a baseball theme was nice or if anyone else has an idea shoot it out here

Well, my turning skills are a bit challenged 
Smirk but would like to give something basic a shot.
Just picked up today a new tool that might be helpful.
Yes  I will post info on that in a separate thread in the next day or two.
But I would like to participate.
"I don't have an answer to your question....but I can answer a question that you may be asking in the future"
Great that makes 3 of use so far and all winners to.
Yes

The judging will be by people here and will show the pictures and dimensions without names and no you can not vote for your own.
Smile

Just making a cane shank (average diameter is 1 inch by just under 3 ft long) pushes my abilities and actually exceeds that of my daughter's lathe.  It needs a bed extension just to go three feet.
Rodney
Like I said go 18" or whatever length you can do.  We are not in some kind of school or getting a grade.  Just trying to make us better turners and win something and it will go to a good cause when you are done.

I have been thinking of maybe putting them up in the Christmas Auction which is always a good thing and helps people here.