I would like to see us have a turning challange
I like the idea of a competition, but the trembleur idea would require some special accessories which I do not have and do not have time to create simply for a competition.  Perhaps another idea with a wider range of appeal / skills would elicit more interest.  Turned lidded box?  Finials?  Christmas Ornaments?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
What special things is needed?

I have a DVD by Eli Avisera who did one and all he did is take a piece of wood and hollowed it to fit on his tailstock shaft and put 4 nails equally in it.  The wood insert stuck out about 4" so the Trembleur could fit inside of it while turning and it worked very well indeed.

So the wood was about 6" long totally and the end that fit in the tailstock was only that size but the first 4" was 3" wide.

What other special things do we need?

O I will say I would gladly loan out the DVD to anyone but please ship it out well packed so it does not break.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The video link shows some pretty elaborate stablizing systems where the spindle gets really thin, and they all look shop-made.  That's all I had to go by.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Like I said we do what we are able to do.  We are not at a school or in a big tough computation or international thing.  Just a challenge to see what is the best we can do that is all.

Also it is not a challenge if we have done it or tried and failed before but to try again and in the end donate it to a charity auction to sell and get a prize from me for the top 3 people like the bets.

If I live long enough mine will go to the Christmas auction to help someone here that needs the funds.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Where's a 3D printer when you need one.
Raised
They do wood to.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh