Install 7'x7' Rubbermaid Storage Building - What base?
My neighbor installed a plastic storage shed (I think it was a Lifetime unit).  He spread pea gravel which he leveled with a rake.  It looked like a couple of inches.  It has the advantages of allowing drainage.  I don't think he dug down.  

He moved away and took the shed with him.  I think that is the main advantage of the plastic sheds.  You can take it with you.  (I have not discussed this with St. Peter however).
Smirk
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-07-2017, 04:12 PM)Cooler Wrote: My neighbor installed a plastic storage shed (I think it was a Lifetime unit).  He spread pea gravel which he leveled with a rake.  It looked like a couple of inches.  It has the advantages of allowing drainage.  I don't think he dug down.  ....
Our PTA did the same thing for a plastic 10x8 shed the school used for playground equipment.  They first laid out a rectangular frame of treated 2x6, leaving a couple inches gap at the corners; Drove some 1 &1/4"  galvanized pipe a couple of feet into the ground on the interior of the frame and left them a foot high on the opposing side walls, flush to the frame on front and back.  Bolted the wood to the pipe. Covered the base area with some sort of landscaping fabric to make sure the pea gravel didn't migrate into the soil.  Filled with pea gravel.  Put the shed on the pea gravel and bolted the shed to  the exposed pipe to keep it static in wind.  

Was actually very quick, but we had four people working on it.  The only critical measurement was the side to side  width to allow for the pipe.  We were actually off a little, but the shed conformed easily.
We finished installation this morning.  Thank you all for the help.  We ended up with 12"x12"x1" thick concrete bricks as our leveling base.  We used them in each corner and along edges to bring us to level.  Then build a frame of 2x4's, with runners 16" on center.  Covered it with 3/4" PT plywood and we were done.  Perfectly level, and very stable.

The shed was built in about 2.5 hours with no problems with the directions, they were very clear.  Pictures only though, few words.  Total time this morning to complete everything was 4 hours.  Great little project, and the little shed is perfect for lawn equipment.  Looks pretty sharp, and should hold up just fine.

Thanks for your help.