GRR-Ripper without splitter
I received a pair of these as a gift and I must say they are very cool. But on my 1988 Delta Unisaw, I cannot keep the splitter/anti-kickback pawls in place to use these. I always use that thing when ripping, but in theory at least, it shouldn't be needed using these push-blocks. It makes me kinda wish I had some sort of riving knife retro-fit for my Unisaw.  Do these blocks eliminate the need for a splitter/riving knife when ripping?

[Image: 62689-13-1000.jpg]
You still still use a splitter with grippers. What you need though is something like this type http://www.rockler.com/micro-jig-mj-spli...swod1eYIYQ. This splitter was designed to be used with the gripper.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

They do not provide any kickback splitter abilities 

I find them most useful on jointers and shapers  not tablesaws 

you can get a microjig splitter but it still precludes the kickback abilities and the blade cover still has to be removed 

As the primary safety protection on any table saw is the blade cover  this makes the Gripper mostly worthless for this application unless there is enough room between the stock and the fence to run safely beside not over the blade
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Every time I see them demo these things I just cringe. No guard, and repeatedly passing his hand right over top of the blade. Scary to me.

I agree as a pusher on most any other tool, never will it be my hand over a TS blade with one of those.
No
No
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW