a rocking airplane
hi all been out of the woodworking for a few years, just needed a break. anyway i a ready to get back in and the first project i am thinking of taking on is a rocking airplane maybe motorcycle. it will have to be soild wood as it cant have any splinters for the little guy. i am wondering though, i have seen them built for 125 to 175 dollars well for the airplane anyway. i am thinking by the time i buy wood,even pine, fasteners and spend the time doing it might as just as well buy it. its not my grandkid so there is no labor of love to motivate me. any opinions or good sites with a plan. hes only 1 month old so i got time
Motorcycle Keep hitting next page, drawing at end.

More here

Plane

More planes

Make sure to take pictures, and keep us up to date. Making kids happy makes old woodworkers happy
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
My brother built a rocking planeĀ for my son. Here is a picture of it getting some lab testing before he delivered it.

He routed a recess in the top of the wing as a tray to hold Cheerios or something. He painted "In-flight Snacks" in the bottom of the recess.
[Image: 2199711749_5deb9b022f.jpg]
It's made of 2x lumber. With a few basic dimensions it would be easy enough to reverse engineer if someone was interested.