My brain hurts -- belt drive problem
1725 rpm motor drives 2" pulley which belt drives a 6" pulley which shaft drives a 1-1/2" pulley which belt drives a 6" pulley.

What is the final speed of the shaft driven by the 6" pulley?
Confused
Confused
Confused

Iv'e come up with from 46 to 143 rpm.
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I'd say 143.75
(03-06-2017, 05:33 PM)HomerLee Wrote: I'd say 143.75

Seems slower than that.
Confused

Maybe I can dig out old tachometer and get a reading.

EDIT to add: Tach (OOOLDD direct drive ) wouldn't read but quick manual count leads me to think 143 is accurate.

Need to find way to cut speed down some more.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Scroll down a tad and use the calculator.

http://www.culvermotor.com/Engineering-F...lator.html
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Switching to 8" pulleys instead of 6's would get you to 81 rpm on your wheel.  An 8" on the jackshaft and a 9" on the wheel shaft would get you to 72 rpm on the wheel.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(03-06-2017, 05:33 PM)HomerLee Wrote: I'd say 143.75

(03-06-2017, 05:55 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Seems slower than that.
Confused

Maybe I can dig out old tachometer and get a reading.

EDIT to add:  Tach (OOOLDD direct drive ) wouldn't read but quick manual count leads me to think 143 is accurate.

Need to find way to cut speed down some more.

143.75 is correct (multiply the two ratios together, then multiply by the driver speed for the driven speed), and it's a shade over 2 rotations per second.  That's pretty slow looking.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I know the feeling. I'm changing the motor and sheaves on my 14" bandsaw. It took three tries to get my SFM. Those gears haven't seen grease for a long time .This getting old thing.
A man of foolish pursuits
Larger pulleys are less wearing on belts due to flexing and require less tension depending on angle of contact. Increasing the smaller pulleys size helps with this. Probably not that important, just thought I'd mention it.