Help with cutting red cedar
I hate to ask a stupid question but is the blade mounted backwards? WRC cuts like butter.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Same here no problem cutting it here. Only problem is routing as it splits like nothing else. For making boat building strips it's best to climb cut them on the router table but it's slow and you have to be careful. Would be easy with a power feeder though.
It sounds as if you may be trying to use blades with too fine teeth. If you are ripping 2" thick stock, you should be using large teeth -- about a 24 tooth blade on a 10" tablesaw. A faster, rather than slower feed rate should prevent burning.

A fine tooth blade does not have much room in the gullets for sawdust. Once they are filled, rubbing this against the wood can cause burning. So if you are stuck with fine teeth you must feed slowly to prevent filling the gullets, but it's better to simply use a coarser blade.

I have also ripped lots of WRC with no burning.
This sounds like the correct answer to me
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure