oil primer dry time

I'm painting hardboard panels using an oil primer.  The top coat will be be acrylic latex.

I primed the panels 24 hours ago.  The panels are dry to the touch but still smell like oil.  I have them drying in my garage but temperatures are supposed to go down to 30 degrees tonight and I'd like to bring them inside.

Question is:  When can i apply topcoat?  Do i need to wait until the oil smell is completely gone?
  Re: oil primer dry time by Ravenswood Chicago (I'm painting hardboa...)
Read the instructions on the container for the primer.  Typically, you can paint over oil in 2-4 hours, but low temperatures can extend that and they usually say not to use them if the temperature is below 50°.  (Yeah, it was warmer than that yesterday in our area.)

The smell of the oil probably doesn't matter.

JMO, though.  The instructions on the can will tell you more.

Blaine
Thanks.  The instructions say nothing about when it's ok to apply latex topcoat.  It only says it is dry to touch in 30 min, can re-apply in 2 hours, and full adhesion in 7 days.
No clue, but I think you need to get the panels in where it's at least 60F for a day or two before putting a WB product on top.  Just a guess, though. 

This is why I mostly use BIN pigmented shellac as my paint primer for indoor projects.  It dries in just a few minutes, and you can topcoat it with whatever you want in an hour.  Since it's shellac based you can use it on MDF, hardboard, etc., w/o risk of swelling the wood fibers.  

John