Sold: Delta/Rockwell Wood Lathe
I'm getting a new lathe so the time has come to move this one along. I've had this machine for about 9 years and over that time I have replaced all the bearings in the headstock as well as those in the variable speed mechanism. I also replaced the motor to fix a vibration issue and replaced the drive belts. When I got it, it did not have a front panel, so I had one made locally. The original finish on this lathe was in good shape so I never felt the need to paint it. 

The swing on this lathe is 6" over the bed, and a bit more over the gap, but honestly, you really wont get much wood that close to the headstock where it would really matter. Not exactly sure what the distance between centers is, probably around 36 inches give or take. It has a fairly standard 1" x 8 tpi spindle and the indexing pin still works fine. It uses a Reeves drive to give you variable speed, and the slowest speed is around 340 RPM which is good for turning bowls and out of round blanks. The motor is a full horsepower and is wired for 110. It uses a magnetic control switch which was standard for machines used in industrial and commercial settings. Somewhere on the lathe is a tag that shows it was originally put in service at James Madison College. The lathe runs smoothly throughout the speed range.

I've rebuilt quite a few wood and metal working machines so whoever gets this lathe will have a solid, well running machine. Price out new machines over at Woodcraft and you will have a bit of sticker shock. For the price of a belt driven mini lathe with a stand, you are getting a floor model machine that can do everything they do plus lots more. And once you use a variable speed lathe you won't want to go back to flipping belts.  Listed locally on craigslist but will give woodnet buyers a break. Paid 450 8 years ago,  525 out the door.

[Image: 00000_bsQmTbaioYm_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00404_1tlQ5e6gQKn_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00O0O_jHKYTuAzkkx_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00e0e_aBeQiFuQqv0_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00z0z_cVG9I3qwNbj_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00x0x_cKdvoljGmbl_1200x900.jpg]
I'm in a similar position with wanting to upgrade my Delta 1460.  What new lathe are you getting?

Mark
Mark in Sugar Land, TX
Nova DVR Galaxi.
Lathe is sold...
Big Grin