Best Outdoor Finish
Plan on building an outdoor table from White Oak. What are the best options for finish? I'm thinking of an oilbased finish. Cutting down some BLO has potential.

Tried Spar Varnish and didn't like the long term results. 

Please give me your thoughts.
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget
Clear base paint (goes on a little milky, dries clear). I'm in the process of making some white oak adirondacks and will try to get some pictures tomorrow and PM to you what it looks like.
SW's A-100 Deep Base #4 if you want WB, Epifanes Marine Varnish if you prefer OB. 

John
Was I you, I would go with the paint base tint option,
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Sherwin Williams deep tint oil based outdoor paint.  Don't add any tint and it dries clear.  I've found the satin has plenty of sheen.  Then if you think thinned down blo does anything,  you won't like the maintenance free hassle of the clear paint.  The clear looking paint just leave you nothing to do for yrs. and yrs.
^^^^^What they said about the paint. My preference would be the oil based, but it does look much like a varnish (slight amber tone)....the acrylic will be water clear. More info here.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have used Cabots Australian Timber oil with great success here in WI, it is not a film finish, if and when you need to redo it, just a light sanding and reapply. I have some pieces that have now been outside 3 years and have not needed to do anything since the original coat..
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Wow! That went in a completly different direction than I was thinking. Now I have some serious research to do. 

Thanks all for the input.
Yes
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget