kitchen sink faucets
low-octane kitchen remodel.  new faucet included in plan.  looking hard at pull-down faucets.  On another mission to the BORG, I looked at the displays that run from $225-400.  The high-end ones advertise "magnetic docking system" and sensors that turn water on/off.  seems like a loot of bells & whistles but it's the "guts" inside that make the difference and that info is what is hard for consumers to get.

what models have y'all been happy with?

TIA!
Last house had a Delta pull down and while I'm normally a Delta fan, not so much with this one. It seeped water around the neck and no amount of anything would make it stop. We've moved and the current house has a Kohler. This one is rock solid, but it may be a price range or 2 higher than the Delta I used to have. Neither had any of the stuff you mentioned.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
We have the Delta  pull down with magnetic docking.   Its about 5 years old now with no problems.  The magnetic docking holds it in place perfectly.  We had a older one without the magnetic part  and you had to fool around with it to stay parked.   No experience with the electronic ones.  Suggest getting a brand name one with lifetime parts warranty.   Roly
Mowen here, came with the house. It's a piece of junk, cartridges last 2 years MAX. The pos is dripping now......

Ed
We updated to the Delta pull down with the magnetic docking.  It was easy to install and has worked great.  We like the magnetic docking.

Not a New User.  Just a user who had to rejoin after the software update.
Had a Moen,hated it,so went back to a conventional high spout and love it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I just did a kitchen remodel and we got this Kohler model from Home Depot. It wasn't cheap, but we LOVE this faucet. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-Sous-P.../206086636
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
I am on my seccond pull down sprayer unit. First was a Moen and same as mentioned the cartridges are junk. Their motto is(But it for looks but you will repair it yearly for life) 

Now I'm on a faucet I bought from sams for $50. Been in for 3 years and not a drip etc. Can't remember the brand of hand as its not a common brand. 

Now as for the pull down style... I hate it. The sprayer is nowhere near as useful as the traditional seperate one and they don't have the water velocity that the older style have as the pull downs are more of a shower head. I would go to a traditional style faucet but I cant. Loml had to have that ceramic farm sink from ikea. It has a drain board which is impossible to keep clean along with the bowl along its ceramic so nowhere to drill drill a hole...... Tip don't let LOML look at sinks in Ikea.

As for the sensor ones. No. No and no. A friend has one and its been a pain from day one and annoying when the water comes on and you are just moving the spout or a cat plays with it etc.
We put a Kohler in our kitchen and will not repeat that mistake. Apparently it has some proprietary replacement parts and we ended up paying Replace It All prices simply to stop what I presume was a worn washer. There may have been more to the story (I stay away from these problems) but really, does anyone make a built to last with easy to repair wear parts?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Anyone use one of those "top mount" faucets?  The bracket that holds the faucet to the counter installs from above similar to the old work boxes used for electrical.

I want to replace the single handle faucet in my kitchen and we have a deep sink.  I'm not looking forward to getting between the sink and the wall to replace that faucet.

There aren't that many companies that offer the top mount and I'm wondering if they are poorly designed or if it's too new.  Delta makes some, Water Ridge at Costco, and I think Glacier Bay.