where to buy Sawstop
(03-14-2017, 04:27 PM)jeffss Wrote: Hey, pulled the trigger on the Sawstop. Doing a local pickup at a Woodcraft Chicago area store. Amazon was going to hit me with sales tax and  delivery. I'll pay taxes but save the 250$ on delivery.

Which one did you get (fence setup,etc.)?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Congrats on the purchase. I did check Amazon, and they only offer free shipping (Amazon Prime) on certain models.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I purchased the 3hp cabinet saw with the 52" fence. I believe Sawstop is running a integrated mobile base give away on purchases this month. My old saw is a Boice Crane from the 60's. 5hp, 3ph, monster. Has a 3/4 arbor so all my blades have to be drilled out.  Running a phase converter off 220. No safety features at all! Really looking forward to the much need upgrade.
Congrats, I have little doubt you will be pleased with it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-15-2017, 04:24 PM)jeffss Wrote: Has a 3/4 arbor so all my blades have to be drilled out. 

Drilled out?  A 5/8" arbor is smaller than 3/4" (3/4" = 6/8"), so I would think you would need a smaller hole, not a larger hole if your current blades have 3/4" holes.  Am I missing something?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Sorry, my Boice Crane has the 3/4 arbor. Any blade I have purchased in the past had to be drilled. Glad I can now use a stock blade. The old blades will go when the saw goes.
(03-14-2017, 07:00 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I think Amazon runs the sales through Acme and just calls it Amazon they paid a lot for Acme so there must have been a reason.

or Wylie Coyote is such a good customer.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Sawstop requires all of their online dealers to charge $250 shipping.  It cannot be waived.
It CAN be rolled into the price of the product so the seller can CLAIM free shipping, but the end price will be the same.

For example:
Amazon  with "free shipping"  $3249
https://www.amazon.com/SawStop-PCS31230-...ofessional

Woodcraft  $2999 + $250
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/sawst...230-tgp252

Same product, same end price....illusion of a deal.

Unless you have a high local tax rate...it's normally cheaper to buy Sawstop locally.